This position as an Assistant Controller begins status as “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time the Controller will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside the employment applications). Wage is D.O.E.
The Assistant Controller assists the Controller in managing the Accounting Department. They will supervise the payroll and analytical staff responsible for fixed assets, accounts payable, inventory, and accounts receivable. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, the ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization, in addition to exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises A/R, A/P, Payroll, and inventory staff and transactions
- Supervises and prepares general ledger reconciliations
- Supervises and prepares monthly journal entries
- Prepares timely consolidated monthly and annual financial statements
- Assists with forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Completes annual property taxes, federal excise taxes, and other reporting requirements
- Assists with special projects as necessary
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Accounting with at least 5 years of working experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated experience managing accounting staff and developing effective processes in a fast paced, growing organization
- Experience in manufacturing is considered a plus, but not required
- High degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail but also able to look at the “big picture”
- Experience in payroll rules and regulations (experience with ADP is a plus)
- Must be proficient in accounting software (experience with MAS 200 is a plus)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. In addition, visible body piercing on male or female employees is not allowed (this includes tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.).
For consideration, please Apply Online or stop by Nosler Headquarters in Bend, Oregon