The Model 48 Outfitter™ Rifle
To place a Nosler Rifle Order, Either
- Visit your local firearms retailer
- Contact us Directly
The Model 48 Outfitter provides the same rugged reliability of the Model 48 Patriot, but in a more compact and hard hitting package. Designed for dense brush hunting, the Model 48 Outfitter is fitted with a twenty-two-inch stainless steel barrel and a robust set of adjustable open sights for snap shots or backup in case of a scope malfunction in the field. The blind bottom magazine ensures smooth feeding and overall light weight for hunts in the back country, and eliminates the possibility of inadvertently dropping a full magazine of cartridges on the ground at the most inopportune moments. Chambered in hard hitting rounds from the 308 Win to the formidable 458 Win Mag, the Model 48 Outfitter is an easy choice for the shooter looking for a rifle suitable for hunting anything that walks or crawls in North America.
The Model 48 Outfitter is designed in the image of the faithfully carried rifles of the outfitters and guides of Alaska and Canada. In many instances, outfitters must rely on their rifle to bring down a wounded animal that has entrenched itself in thick brush and timber, and a light-weight, short-barreled rifle in a hard-hitting caliber is ideally suited for the task. The Model 48 Outfitter provides hunters with the knockdown power required to take nearly any game in North America, while its light weight, and handy overall length are ideally suited to long days in rough terrain.
Every M48 Outfitter Includes:
- Nosler Model 48 Custom Action
- Stainless Match-Grade Barrel (22”)
- Lightweight Aramid Fiber Reinforced Composite Stock
- Glass & Aluminum Pillar Bedding
- Blind-bottom Internal Magazine
- 2-Position Rocker Safety
- Crisp, Hand-Tuned Trigger Pull
- Cerakote® All-Weather Finish
- Guaranteed M.O.A. Accuracy with prescribed Nosler Ammunition
ACCESSORIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS RIFLE:
Detailed Model 48 Outfitter Features
1. A composite stock reinforced with aramid fibers and an aluminum bedding chassis provide a lightweight and durable platform for the Nosler Model 48 action. Weather will not cause the stock to swell or warp, leading to consistent shot placement in any condition.
2. Contoured to accept any standard 2-Piece scope base that would otherwise fit a Remington® Model 700™.
3. 1” Recoil Pad and straight stock design reduces felt recoil.
4. Guaranteed MOA Accuracy when used with prescribed Nosler Ammunition.
5. Fully free-floating 22” barrel ensures maximum accuracy, and maneuverability in thick foliage.
6. All external metal surfaces are coated with the NIC Industries Cerakote™ finish. Designed to protect against rust and wear, Cerakote™ products can withstand tremendous impact with no coating loss, and can resist corrosion in a variety of tough conditions. We have found Cerakote™ to be the best firearms finish available.
7. A textured finish ensures proper grip in cold or wet weather.
8. Adjustable open sights with nitride finish to resist corrosion.
9. A shadow-line cheek-piece provides a consistent and comfortable cheek weld for repeatable shoulder position.