This position as a Staff Accountant begins status as “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time the Assistant Controller will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside the employment application).
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Starting hourly rate is D.O.E.
Primary duties consist of posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. Also responsible for maintaining fixed asset accounts and the accurate capitalization of these assets. Additional duties include processing transactions associated with other general ledger accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research and recommend terms for credit approvals.
- A/R and credit management.
- Payment application and discount analysis.
- Follow up on payment/past due accounts/unearned discounts.
- Analyze customers for changes to credit worthiness, including approved limits.
- Maintain accuracy of financial records, including general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Analyze accounting data for validity and propriety
- Research and resolve identified discrepancies
- Recommend or initiate corrective actions
- Assist with preparation of schedules for financial statements and other financial reports
- Assist with special projects as necessary
This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
AA degree in business/accounting required or at a minimum, three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Firm knowledge of accounting principals and general ledger accounting concepts.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Excellent Organization Skills, including attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in accounting software (experience with MAS 200 is a plus).
- Skilled in Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of visible body piercings (including tongue rings) are not allowed in the work area by male or female personnel while on duty (except for earrings for female personnel).
For consideration, please Apply Online or stop by Nosler Headquarters in Bend, Oregon