3D CAD Designer and Documentation Coordinator
This position as a 3D CAD Designer begins as an "Introductory Trainee" for 60 consecutive days during which time the Chief Engineer will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence.
(Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside the employment application).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and edit drawings, assemblies, and BOMs, for tooling and manufacturing equipment using AutoDesk Inventor.
- Extensive work with AutoDesk Vault to ensure drawings, assemblies and BOMs are accurate and up to date.
- Work with engineers and manufacturing personnel to research and complete engineering change requests.
- Work with engineers and manufacturing personnel to create and improve manufacturing specifications and details related to engineering and production documentation.
- Interface with ERP systems and inventory management processes.
This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
- Professionalism - Stays focused on assigned tasks; Completes tasks and prioritizes projects based upon management guidance and professional experience; seeks management guidance when appropriate.
- Attitude - Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude in the face of periodic adversity.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Capable of solving problems independently; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Demonstrates professional competence; willingly shares knowledge with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Effectively communicates constructive disagreement.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively employs skills and experience to accomplish team goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School graduate with preference given to those with a 2 or 4 year degree. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience with Autodesk Inventor in a product design environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a demonstrable working knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor and Autdesk Vault. Additionally, individuals must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and enter data using a keyboard and mouse. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees are exposed to various substances used in the manufacturing of bullets. Appropriate PPE as specified in SDS sheets is provided.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings) are not allowed in the Production area by male or female personnel while on duty.
For consideration, please Apply Online or stop by Nosler Headquarters in Bend, Oregon