This position as a Ballistics Technician begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60-day period and Company benefits will commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside Application).
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Gather product samples from manufacturing and test them for accuracy, dimensional tolerance, visual standards, and report findings in a timely manner.
- Technician will be responsible for selecting appropriate test loads, setting up and reloading cartridges, cleaning and preparing test rifles, shooting cartridges to test for accuracy, and troubleshooting all facets of the Ballistics Lab.
- This is a production-oriented department where efficiency and consistency are paramount. Must be available for assignment to any shift – the successful applicant must be self-directed and capable of working alone and staying productive while doing so.
- Occasional setup, repair, and light maintenance of machinery is required, thus the position requires a familiarity of basic hand tools, precision measuring equipment and mechanical concepts.
- Must be committed to maintaining a clean work environment.
- Able to keep accurate records of daily work.
- Teamwork is essential: employee must be able to work in a team environment under repetitive conditions.
- Must be a High School graduate (or equivalent) and possess good math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to write clearly and communicate with ease.
- Mechanical aptitude is essential. Excellent eyesight with or without correction is required.
- Familiarity and/or experience with reloading, ballistics and weapons is required. A minimum of 5 years of hand loading experience or 3 years of industry experience is required.
- An exceptional attention to detail and the ability to complete daily work is required. The applicant should possess the ability to change and adapt to any situation and be able to change their work focus at any time.
- Must be familiar with the basic functions of EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, and Microsoft Windows.
- Know how to use Calipers, Micrometers, depth micrometers, and a variety of other precision measuring tools.
Working conditions require great mobility. Must be able to consistently move/maneuver weights of 35 to 75 pounds and occasionally lift weights of 35 to 45 pounds while negotiating stairs. Other physical aspects require; bending, stooping, squatting, negotiating stairs, walking several hundred yards at time, and standing on concrete floors for long periods at a time.
This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow our guidelines regarding hair length which is not to exceed below the collar line. Pony tails or longer hair is not authorized. Mustaches and beards are authorized but expected to be kept trimmed and neat. At no time are watches, jewelry, (includes rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercing permitted to be worn by male or female personnel while on duty.
For consideration, please Apply Online or stop by Nosler Headquarters in Bend, Oregon