Nosler is looking for a CNC Technician to join our CNC Manufacturing Team. If you have always wanted to work in the Outdoor Industry, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” If you are at least a High School graduate, maybe pursing a certificate in engineering or manufacturing and have at least some experience with operating a CNC machine, this may be a great opportunity for you take your career to a new level.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
This position is on a team of CNC operators and engineering technicians, who together, oversee the daily functions of manufacturing machinery. This position sets-up and manages CNC machines to perform different jobs including drilling, grinding and milling. Position will need to translate engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production. The CNC Technician will record all machine actions by completing production and quality logs and ensure results of machining process align with company expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required - Certificate or diploma in Engineering and/or Manufacturing is preferred
- At least three years’ experience as a CNC machine operator preferred
- Mechanical aptitude a must including proven knowledge involving machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering drawings
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities
- Good computer and mathematical skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Must be committed to maintaining a clean work environment and be able to keep accurate records of daily work
- Teamwork is essential: employee must be able to work in a team environment under repetitive conditions
- Possess strong math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to, in a proficient and professional manner, read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Excellent eyesight, with or without correction, required
- Able to frequently walk and to stand on concrete floors for long periods at a time - occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl - able to climb ladders, retrieve materials from storage, etc.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move weights of 35 to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move weights of up to 75 pounds
- Self-motivated, mature, and possess an excellent work ethic
- Ability to, throughout employment, pass and maintain a clean drug and criminal background screening
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Overseeing the daily functions of manufacturing machinery
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs including drilling, grinding and milling
- Translate Engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production
- Ensure CNC machine operates in accordance with guidelines of the company
- Oversee the machine(s) while they execute the tasks and make the necessary changes to produce improved results
- Check machinery on a daily basis to guarantee functionality
- Record all machine actions by completing production and quality logs
- Provide timelines to Supervisor
- Communicate logistics issues that arise in the process of creating a part
- Ensure that results of machining process align with company expectations
- Conduct regular CNC machine assessments and at the end of each shift to identify parts needing repair, check fluid levels and other general preventative maintenance
- Keep work area clean and clear of debris to ensure a safe working environment
Once eligible, Employer paid premiums; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance and EAP. Other benefits include Retirement with match, generous PTO program including 6 paid holidays + 3 floating holidays, employee and industry related discounts and more.
Starting at $25/hour, Depending on Experience
Redmond, Monday – Friday, standard day shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.