Industrial Electrical Technician
This position as an Industrial Electrician begins as an "Introductory Trainee" for 60 consecutive days during which time the Engineering Manager will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside the employment application).
Job offer is contingent upon a pre-employment drug screen test and a criminal background check. Hourly rate is D.O.E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work on a full range of electrical and electronic circuits that require a broad knowledge of applied electrical practices and theory.
- Layout, build and install custom PLC control panels and machine wiring in conformance with established codes, under the supervision and guidance of the controls engineering team. Provide as built drawings showing modifications and corrections as necessary to correctly document design changes or improvements.
- Install, trouble shoot, maintains and repair electronic controls that require technical knowledge including: Switches, photo sensors, proximity sensors, central and subsidiary control panels on custom machines, machine tools, welding equipment, heaters, washers, conveyors, vision systems and other process equipment.
- Able to diagnose and remedy electrical problems on all electrical apparatus including communications equipment, power circuit, motors, air compressors and PLC controlled equipment on Ethernet networks.
- Work from oral and written instructions, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings and code books. Has a broad knowledge of applied electrical practices, techniques and theory of operation of electrical and electronic equipment and controls and their interface to pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Able to work off of ladders, lifts and catwalks.
- Troubleshoot 3-phase power, MCC’s, motors, relay logic, and PLC based controls.
- Work on various equipment and motors powered by 12, 24, 48 VDC and 120, 208, 480VAC.
- Repairs are generally done while power is off. “Hot” repairs are made under supervised, emergency, authorized conditions on lines up to 480 volts.
- Understand and be able to use manuals and catalogues when ordering parts
- Support the company’s quality improvement efforts by adhering to ISO standards and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as directed by company management.
Professionalism - Stays focused on assigned tasks; Completes tasks and prioritizes projects based upon management guidance and professional experience; seeks management guidance when appropriate.
Attitude - Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude in the face of periodic adversity.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Capable of solving problems independently; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Skills – Demonstrates professional competence; willingly shares knowledge with others.
Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Effectively communicates constructive disagreement.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively employs skills and experience to accomplish team goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate or GED.
LME, J or PJ electrical license
Trained in accordance with NEC, NFPA, and limited training or experience with UL.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a demonstrable working knowledge of programmable logic controllers and ladder logic programming languages. The ability to effectively utilize a standard keyboard and mouse in working with the programs is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and enter data using a keyboard and mouse. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees are exposed to various substances used in the manufacturing of bullets. Appropriate PPE as specified in MSDS sheets is provided.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair are not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed.
For consideration, please Apply Online or stop by Nosler Headquarters in Bend, Oregon