Inspection and Packaging
Day Shift | 6:00AM - 2:30PM | Monday-Friday
This position as an Entry-Level Inspector and Packer begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period and Company benefits will commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
Current work hours are Mon.-Fri. 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Work hours and schedule are subject to change and overtime as needed does apply. Starting hourly wage is $13.00 per hour. Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes all products associated with the warehouse shipping perations as directed by the Warehouse Operations Coordinator
- Supports day to day operational shipping and receiving needs for all Nosler warehousing operations
- Responsible for the timely picking, verifying, and delivery of all sales orders and OEM orders and ensure proper packaging and loading of orders
- Applicants must possess sufficient dexterity and motor skills to rapidly unfold telescopic cardboard cartons.
- Manual dexterity is also required to correctly fill cartons, operate labeling equipment and subsequently affixing labels to filled cartons.
- Ability to endure repetitive wrist and arm movement while wearing protective wrist braces is imperative.
- Inspectors also operate a continuous inspection belt, watching for visual imperfections on finished product, one by one, under high intensity light.
- Requires the lifting and moving of a variety of heavy packages or metal containers on a regular basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Candidate should possess good math skills; adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Additionally, must be able to write clearly and communicate with ease. Mechanical aptitude is preferred. Position also requires excellent eyesight with or without correction for close inspection work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions involve standing/sitting and moving, pulling, and grasping various items. Lifting duties range from one pound to thirty-five pounds. Additionally, will be required to move two-sided carts on rollers loaded with finished goods weighing up to one-hundred sixty pounds. Must be able to concentrate under repetitive conditions, follow instructions, work quickly, climb ladders, count items accurately, and work under pressure/deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.) are not allowed in the work area by male or female personnel while on duty.