Inspection and Packaging
Inspection and Packaging
Nosler is looking for some great people to join our Inspection & Packaging team. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” Quality Control, Product Inspection, Product Handling, Packaging and/or Shipping experience is a plus, but not required; we will train you!
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
Inspection & Packaging represents the final step in the Nosler product line before finished products are passed along to the customer. This position inspects all completed products to ensure the highest quality standards including but not limited; identifying and sorting products for visual and performance defects, exact tolerances, precise weights and other metrics. In addition to inspection, this position carefully packages and labels all finished products so that the end product is presented to the customer with highest level of care and quality.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Strong basic math skills including; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability read, write (clearly and legibly), speak and understand English
- Excellent eyesight, with or without correction, for close inspection work
- Possess sufficient dexterity and motor skills to rapidly unfold telescopic cardboard cartons
- Manual dexterity to correctly fill cartons, operate labeling equipment and affix labels to filled cartons
- Ability to endure repetitive wrist and arm movement
- Ability to repeatedly, for up to 8-10 hours per day, stand on a hard surface, lift, pull, stoop, bend, climb and reach
- Ability to operate a continuous inspection belt, watching for visual imperfections on finished product, one by one, under high intensity light
- Ability to lift (up to 70lbs) and/or move of a variety of heavy items on a regular basisAbility to push heavy objects (up to 160lbs) on roller conveyors
- Ability to practice and adhere to all workplace safety rules and precautions
- Ability to work in a team orientated, quality focused and performance driven environment
- Ability to pass and maintain a clean drug and criminal background screening
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
Once eligible, employer paid premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance and EAP. Other benefits include Retirement with match, generous PTO program including 6 paid holidays + 3 floating holidays, employee and industry related discounts and more.
Starting at $17.00/hour
LOCATION AND HOURS
Bend, OR - Flexible Schedule
- 3/12’s: Mon. – Wed. or Wed. – Fri. 5:00am to 5:30pm (paid at 40 hours!)
- 4/10’s: Mon. – Thurs. or Tues. – Fri. 5:00am to 3:30pm
- Traditional 5/8’s, Monday – Friday 5:00am to 1:30pm or 6:00am to 2:30pm
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.