Level I Engineer
Level I Engineer
If you are an outdoor enthusiast searching for an employer with likeminded goals and a group of peers with a likeminded philosophy, then you need to check out Nosler! Nosler is looking for some great people to join our Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” Familiarity and/or experience with manufacturing a plus.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
This position works with the Engineering Department to maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment, observe, troubleshoot and repair operating equipment, perform tool changeovers and press start-ups and other related responsibilities related to this position. The Level I Engineer is a progressive position starting with basic maintenance responsibilities. Upon demonstration of key skills and the passage of a minimum of one year, the eligible Level 1 Engineer(s) will be given priority consideration for future Engineering Department openings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) required
- Demonstrable working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D Modeling Design software (such as Pro-E, SolidWorks, or Inventor); Project Management software; Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Mechanically inclined with experience in honing, grinding and polishing tools and parts to exact measurements
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Ability to regularly sit, talk, hear and enter data using a keyboard and mouse
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Ability to frequently stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to pass and maintain a clean drug and criminal background screening
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and must be able to stand and work for extended periods on industrial concrete floors. There is also regular exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.