This position as a Warehouse Operations Clerk begins status as “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time the Logistics Manager will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period and Company benefits will then commence (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
This position is Full Time on the first shift, Mon. – Fri. with current work hours 08:00am – 4:30pm. Work starting salary is D.O.E.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes all products associated with the warehouse shipping perations as directed by the Warehouse Operations Coordinator
- Supports day to day operational shipping and receiving needs for all Nosler warehousing operations
- Responsible for the timely picking, verifying, and delivery of all sales orders and OEM orders and ensure proper packaging and loading of orders
- Documents materials and supplies shipped
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by following the tasks and guidelines provided by the Warehouse Operations Coordinator and/or Logistics Supervisor or Logistics Manager
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Verifies all orders are complete and correct
- Documents materials and supplies shipped
- Wraps, ties, or places material in envelopes, boxes, or other containers
- Operates material handling equipment (i.e. forklift)
- Stamps, types, or writes addresses on packaged materials
- Keeps records of materials sent
- Responsible for knowing, adhering to, and promoting all Nosler policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
Acceptable educational background will include:
- Minimum High School or GED equivalent or
- Acceptable work related experience which could include a minimum of two years of warehouse operations in a fast paced packaging/shipping environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to shipping, receiving, and warehouse operations. Must have knowledge (certificate preferred) of 49 CFR/IATA Dangerous Goods Shipping and associated training. Must have previous experience operating a forklift and other material handling equipment- pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc. This position requires strong and effective communication skills to all levels of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and must be able to stand and work for extended periods on industrial concrete floors. There is also regular exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.) are not allowed in the work area by male or female personnel while on duty.
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions as given above. I also understand that not all of the duties are described above and that if hired I will perform those described above and additional duties as directed by my supervisor and Company management.