Maintenance Machinist Technician
Maintenance Machinist Technician
Full-Time | Part Time | Flexible Schedule
This position as an Entry-Level Maintenance Machinist Technician begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period and Company benefits will commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
- Builds tooling die sets, sets up, repairs and trouble shoots all types of bullet and manufacturing machines to include trimmers and bonders.
- Repairs and maintains all manufacturing machines and performs advanced maintenance tasks to assure product quality and press run-ability.
- Will be required to perform thorough and accurate changeovers, tooling replacement and troubleshoot any mechanical and pneumatic components of all machines and equipment.
- Fits and assembles parts to include punches, form dies and die sets by using a hone or other equipment. Fabricate parts or tooling for repairing machines and maintains all production machines by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes a hone to keep tight tolerances on tooling for correct fits.
- Assembles dies, punch sets and inspects all tooling to print tolerances.
- Performs press set-ups to meet the quality standards for the product being manufactured.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Helps to train others to gain mastery of the presses and their processes
- Updates pick sheets and set ups for efficient product change over on all presses
- Maintains press set up books for precision set ups.
- Sizes, builds and prepares tooling for upcoming products
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Knows the cause of both press and vendor lamination and can track down to the source.
- Intermediate to advanced diagnosis in trouble shooting presses, bullet and tooling related issues.
- Thoroughly understand and interpret drawings, prints, set up information and product schedule
- Continually show proficiency in all aspects of bullet production.
- Shows the ability to meet 80 % of deadlines and goals per the production schedule and management.
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from a college or technical school; or one to five years related experience in a high volume production environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Also required to climb ladders, retrieve materials from storage, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. WORK.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.