Manufacturing Associate - Full Time
Bend Facility - 3 Positions Open
This position as Entry-Level Production worker begins status as "Introductory Trainee" for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60-day introductory period and Company benefits will commence (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
Assignment is for second shift. Hours are Mon. - Fri. 2:00PM- 10:30 PM. PLEASE NOTE: If you are not available to be assigned to any shift, you will not be considered for this position. Starting hourly rate for day shift is $13.00. A 10% differential pay applies to assignment on 2nd shift.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operation of block and tackle hoists, electric hoists, electric truck, hand truck, forklifts, and other mechanical devices (tumblers for applying lube to raw materials).
- Application of chemical brighteners to raw materials and the operation of annealing ovens to heat treat copper bullets.
- Operation and general maintenance of a variety of machines i.e. trimmer, extrusion press, finish press, lead extrusion machine, and shear and bump machine.
- Perform constant quality checks on raw materials throughout the manufacturing process.
- The ability to function in a team as a team player while working under repetitive conditions is imperative.
- Must be able to follow instructions from superiors and see those instructions through to completion.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work within the requirements of a deadline is an important function of the job.
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
Must be a high school graduate and possess good math skills; adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Additionally, must be able to write clearly and communicate with ease. Mechanical aptitude is essential and the ability to use a micrometer and caliper is essential. Excellent eyesight with or without correction is required and must be at least 18 years of age.
Working conditions require great mobility. Must be able to consistently move/maneuver weights of 35 to 75 pounds and occasionally lift weights of 35 to 45 pounds. Other physical aspects require bending, stooping, squatting and standing on concrete floors, which are often wet, and doing so for long periods of time. Also required to climb ladders, retrieve materials from storage, etc.
Nosler, Inc. has a "Standard of Excellence" code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow our guidelines regarding hair length which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not authorized. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. At no time are watches, jewelry, (includes rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings or any sort) or visible body piercing (including tongue rings) permitted to be worn by male or female personnel while on duty.