Nosler is looking for a Materials Handler to join our Warehouse Team. If you have worked in the Outdoor Industry or have always wanted to, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” If you have direct experience working in a warehouse environment, moving and stocking materials including using a forklift, preparing orders for shipment and receiving deliveries and/or inventory management, this may be a great opportunity for you take your career to a new level.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
The Materials Handler position provides day-to-day support to the warehouse operations involved in Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Management. The Materials Handler handles, moves and stores various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within the warehouse. Methods of movement may include by hand, dolly, pallet jack, electric pallet jack and forklift. Main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses and ensuring deliveries properly match purchase orders.
- Wraps, ties, or places material in envelopes, boxes, or other containers
- Stamps, types, or writes addresses on packaged materials
- Prepares manifest and BOL’s on computer via MAS200/UPS WorldShip/Starship/FedEx software
- Keeps records of materials sent and received
- Requisitions and stores material to maintain stock
- Operates material handling equipment; dolly’s, manual pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks and forklifts
- Inspection of incoming materials and components, including machined components
- Verification of incoming materials, parts, and supplies (Receiving)
- Resolve supplier-caused non-conforming material issues
- Gage calibration and verification activities for measuring equipment, including calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.
- Logging results of testing, preparation of reports, and maintaining the supplier quality database
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum education level: High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- At least two years’ experience in a warehouse environment required
- Experience in shipping, receiving, materials handling and similar duties strongly preferred
- Ability to, in a highly proficient and professional manner, read, write and speak English
- Proficient in navigating a PC including using the Internet, email and search engines
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and ability to quickly learn and master proprietary software including Epicor and similar inventory and database management programs
- Ability to learn and apply Nosler systems
- Proficient in record keeping and attention to detail
- Team orientation and ability to work well with cross functional departments
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities with constant interruptions – a customer service focused mentality
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions
- Position requires both fine and manual dexterity, to reach, pull, lift, bend, stoop and climb. Ability to lift and move up to 75lbs.
- Position requires visual acuity to include both up close and at a reasonable distance including depth perception, with or without the aid of corrective lenses and ability to hear at a level to interpret normal spoken word with or without assistance of an hearing aid
- Able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Ability to pass and maintain a clean drug and criminal background screening
Once eligible, Employer paid premiums; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance and EAP. Other benefits include Retirement with match, generous PTO program including 6 paid holidays + 3 floating holidays, employee and industry related discounts and more.
Starting at $17/hour
Location and Hours
Bend, Monday – Friday, standard day shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.