Mechanical Design Engineer
This position as a Mechanical Engineer begins as an "Introductory Trainee" for 60 consecutive days during which time the Engineering Manager will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Starting salary is D.O.E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design products and systems including, but not limited to instruments, controls, automation, mechanical assemblies, machines, and mechanical / thermal / chemical / hydraulic or heat transfer systems.
Design products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
Research and analyze data such as customer/vendor design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
Plan, coordinate, and assist maintenance and technical personnel in fabrication of equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
Assist with troubleshooting operations, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
Evaluate equipment installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Professionalism - Stays focused on assigned tasks; Completes tasks and prioritizes projects based upon management guidance and professional experience; seeks management guidance when appropriate.
- Attitude - Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude in the face of periodic adversity.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Capable of solving problems independently; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Demonstrates professional competence; Willingly shares knowledge with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Effectively communicates constructive disagreement.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively employs skills and experience to accomplish team goals.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university and minimum of three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, differential calculus, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a demonstrable working knowledge of MS Access Database software; AutoCAD, and AutoDesk Inventor Design software; MS Project Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. The ability to effectively utilize a standard keyboard and mouse in working with the programs is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and enter data using a keyboard and mouse. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees are exposed to various substances used in the manufacturing of bullets. Appropriate PPE as specified in SDS sheets is provided.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair are not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings) are not allowed in the work area by male or female personnel while on duty.
For consideration, please Apply Online