The Model 48 Western Rifle
The Model 48 Western was designed in collaboration with the rifle department at Cabela’s to create the ideal rifle for hunting big game in the Western United States. Featuring the same quality components found in the Model 48 Liberty, we changed the stock color to a handsome Forest Green, and added helical fluting as well as an optional muzzle brake to the light-contour, stainless steel barrel. The
result was a half-pound reduction in weight, and the creation of a very striking, high-performance hunting rifle.
Available chambered in hard-hitting, long-range cartridges such as the 6.5 Creedmoor, 280 Ackley, 26, 28, 30, and the new 33 Nosler, the Model 48 Western is capable of handling all western big game - even in open country
where shots are long.
The Model 48 Western is built by hand in Bend, Oregon and available exclusively from Cabela’s.
Model 48 Western Rifle Includes:
- Nosler Model 48 Custom Action
- Stainless Match-Grade Helical Fluted Barrel
- Removable Muzzle Brake ( Protective Thread Cap Included )
- Lightweight Aramid Fiber Reinforced Composite Stock
- Glass & Aluminum Pillar Bedding
- Hinged Floorplate
- Timney Trigger
- 2-Position Rocker Safety
- Cerakote™ All-Weather Finish
- Guaranteed M.O.A. Accuracy with prescribed Nosler Ammunition
ACCESSORIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS RIFLE:
The Model 48 Western rifle is available in the following:
- 6.5 Creedmoor
- 26 Nosler
- 280 Ack Imp
- 7mm Rem Mag
- 28 Nosler
- 300 Win Mag
- 30 Nosler
- 33 Nosler
Detailed Model 48 Western Rifle Features
1. A composite stock reinforced with aramid fibers and an aluminum bedding chassis provides a lightweight and durable platform for the Nosler Model 48 action. Weather will not cause the stock to swell or warp, leading to consistent shot placement in any condition.
2. Contoured to accept any standard 2-Piece scope base that would otherwise fit a Remington® Model 700™.
3. All external metal surfaces are coated with the NIC Industries Cerakote™ finish. Designed to protect against rust and wear, Cerakote™ products can withstand
tremendous impact with no coating loss, and can resist corrosion in a variety of tough conditions. We have found
Cerakote™ to be the best firearm finish available.
4. A textured finish ensures proper grip in cold or wet weather. 1” Recoil Pad and straight stock design reduces felt recoil. A shadow-line cheek-piece provides a consistent and comfortable cheek weld for repeatable shoulder position.
5. Fully free-floating barrel ensures maximum shot to
6. A lightweight aluminum floorplate allows for quick unloading, without adding appreciable weight to the rifle.
|Metal Finish||Stock Type||BL||LOP||D@C||D@H|
|Graphite Cerakote™||Synthetic Sporter||24.5"||13.5"||0.75"||0.5"|
|40048||6.5 Creedmoor||Short||4||1-8"||Sporter||44.5"||6.65 Lbs|
|40148||26 Nosler||Long||3||1-8"||Sporter||45"||6.9 Lbs|
|40248||280 Ackley Imp||Long||4||1-9"||Sporter||45"||6.9 Lbs|
|40348||7mm Rem Mag||Long||3||1-9"||Magnum||45"||7.65 Lbs|
|40448||28 Nosler||Long||3||1-9"||Magnum||45"||7.65 Lbs|
|40548||300 Win Mag||Long||3||1-10"||Magnum||45"||7.65 Lbs|
|40648||30 Nosler||Long||3||1-10"||Magnum||45"||7.65 Lbs|
|40748||33 Nosler||Long||3||1-10"||Magnum||45"||7.65 Lbs|
|AL||Action Length||MC||Magazine Capacity|
|BL||Barrel Length||OL||Overall Length|
|LOP||Length of Pull||Contour||Barrel Contour|
|D@C||Drop at Comb||D@H||Drop at Heel|