physical plant Technician
This position as a Physical Plant Technician begins as an "Introductory Trainee" for 60 consecutive days during which time the Physical Plant Director will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence. Hourly rate is $17.00 to $21.00 depending on experience.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
include the following. Other dutiesi may be assigned.
- Works on a full range of electrical, electronic, mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, construction, air compressors, dryers, racking, HVAC, security, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Moves equipment from desks and chairs to 20,000 lb presses as designated by management.
- Proficient with all hand and power tools, electrical test equipment, gages, precision measuring devices.
- Performs preventative, routine and complex maintenance repairs on interior and exterior building structures, fixtures and appurtenances; heavy duty structural and mechanical equipment or HVAC and other systems. Must be able to be forklift certified
- Performs restoration and renovation on facilities; builds partitions, shelving from sketches, plans or instructions, renovates furniture and equipment and may design layout to ensure most efficient use of space.
- Ability to function in a team, as a team player while working under repetitive conditions is imperative. Must be able to follow directions from superiors and see those instructions through to completion.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work within the requirements of a deadline is an important function of the job.
- Supports the company’s quality improvement efforts by adhering to ISO standards and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as directed by company management.
This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
- Professionalism - Stays focused on assigned tasks; completes tasks and prioritizes projects based upon management guidance and professional experience; seeks management guidance when appropriate.
- Attitude - Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude in the face of periodic adversity.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; capable of solving problems independently; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Demonstrates professional competence; willingly shares knowledge with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; effectively communicates constructive disagreement.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; effectively employs skills and experience to accomplish team goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. LME electrical license with five to ten years of experience in the electrical field. It is essential to have a mechanical, construction background.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and enter data using a keyboard and mouse. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees are exposed to various substances used in the manufacturing of bullets. Appropriate PPE as specified in SDS sheets is provided.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. At no time are watches, jewelry, (includes rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercing (including tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.) permitted to be worn by male or female personnel while on duty.
For consideration, please Apply Online