Purchasing Clerk - Full Time
The Purchasing Clerk position begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period and Company benefits will commence. (Refer to Benefit Summary sheet inside application).
This position is Full Time on the first shift, starting Mon. – Fri. with current work hours 08:00am – 4:30pm. Starting salary is D.O.E.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Preparation of accurate and timely purchase orders (POs) to support all material goods and service needs of the company that is generated by the requisition system, reorder report, evaluation of production schedules, operating supplies, and management direction
Review of PO and vendor confirmations for accuracy and resolution of any discrepancies or questions in regards to details including terms and/or conditions
Request and compare quotes from potential vendors. Evaluating pricing, optimal volume/price, terms, timing and potential quality comparisons
Prepare and manage the process for returns including the necessary forms, vendor contacts, and internal communications
Maintain accurate records of material/orders shipped and the timely data input of reports as needed from Epicor, MS Excel, and all other software packages
Maintain and participate in the vendor setup/review process including evaluations and ratings as necessary
Review historic and future use/production schedules to evaluate tooling/material needs
Maintain companywide office supply and miscellaneous supply levels
Maintain and update all necessary electronic and paper filing requirements
Overall individual and team efforts focused on reduction of costs and maintaining optimal inventory levels without delays to production
Perform monthly inventory counts
Resolve supplier-caused non-conforming material issues
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team Membership: Enjoys and works extremely well as a vital member of a team
- Detail Oriented: Is capable of working accurately and quickly on transactions involving numbers and basic mathematical computation. Accurately read and fill internal customer orders with a high attention to detail
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills (Epicor requisitioning processing, MS Excel, and online purchasing) including the ability to learn new software systems quickly
- Quick Study: Ability to adjust and adapt to new processes and procedures quickly
- Communication: Ability to be clear, concise, and accurate in verbal and written communication in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge: familiarity with the purchasing process to include (but not limited to) clarification of pricing, availability, terms/conditions, and shipping
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to operate a computer within Windows operating system, and be experienced with MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to use basic mathematics and statistics
Education and Experience
This position requires a high school diploma (or G.E.D. equivalent). A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (but not required) with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in purchasing or related fields.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret work instructions and other documentation
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
• Ability to effectively present information to supervisor and plant management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nosler, Inc. has a "Standard of Excellence" code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow our guidelines regarding hair length which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not authorized. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. At no time are watches, jewelry, (includes rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings or any sort) or visible body piercing (including tongue rings) permitted to be worn by male or female personnel while on duty.