Quality Control Technician
1 position available in Bend, OR
Nosler is looking for a competent and qualified Quality Control Technician to join our Quality Control team. If you have worked in the Outdoor Industry or have always wanted to, if you are obsessed with the smallest detail and strive for perfection, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” If you have direct experience in quality control, specifically around product testing and product performance, this may be a great opportunity for you take your career to a new level. We are looking for someone who is obsessed with the details, knows their way around calipers, micrometers and scales.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
The QC Tech performs periodic in-process quality checks to monitor product quality, including both dimensional and cosmetic specifications. This position also tracks and prepares reports for non-conforming materials (in-process rejects). The successful applicant will have experience in gage calibration and verification activities using calipers, micrometers, scales and other similar tools for fine detailed measuring. Other duties will include verification of compliance of incoming materials and components, including machined components and logging results of testing, preparation of reports, and maintaining a quality check database.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required, Associate degree or higher in a related field preferred
- At least two-years’ experience as a quality control inspector or related job function preferred
- Experienced in the use of appropriate precision measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, height gauge
- Able to read blueprints and compare actual dimensions to stated tolerances. Includes ability to visualize parts from a 2D drawing and identify critical dimensions
- Ability to operate a computer within Windows operating system, and be experienced with Word and Excel
- Ability to use basic mathematics and statistics
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 quality system preferred
- ASQ certification and/or Internal Auditor certification preferred
- Experience with operation and programming CMM highly desired
- Experience with high speed sorting machines preferred
- Experience with 3D vision and laser measuring systems preferred
Once eligible, Employer paid premiums; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance and EAP. Other benefits include Retirement with match, generous PTO program including 6 paid holidays + 3 floating holidays, employee and industry related discounts and more.
Hourly beginning at $20/hour with room to grow
Bend, Monday – Friday, standard day shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.