R&D CNC Programmer
Nosler is looking for a R&D CNC Programmer to join our CNC Manufacturing Team. If you have always wanted to work in the Outdoor Industry, this is a great opportunity to be a part of a long-time, locally owned family business and proud leader in the Outdoor Industry – “For us, excellence is not negotiable.” If you are at least a High School graduate, maybe pursing a certificate in engineering or manufacturing and have at least some experience with operating a CNC machine, this may be a great opportunity for you take your career to a new level.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Nosler Inc is a federally regulated company that requires employees to have a clean background check and the ability to pass a drug screen including THC.
The R&D CNC Programmer is responsible for programming and manufacture of parts for Research & Development, as well as some production. To be successful within our small, tight knit department it will be necessary to work without constant supervision and to hold quality above all else. We utilize standard & CNC mills, lathes, and grinders, traditional metal fabrication equipment, 3d printers, and hand tools to make prototype parts, small production runs, and replacement machine parts. Must be able to complete other tasks necessary to complete basic job functions including ordering materials, tooling, inspecting and measuring down to .0005”.
Program and operate manual and CNC manufacturing equipment (Vertical Mills, Horizontal Mills, Lathes, Live Tool Lathes, Surface Grinders)
Thorough knowledge of Mastercam
Proficiency with advanced machining practices, setups, fixtures, and processes
Working with R&D engineers during the design and prototype process, and following through into production if needed
Participate in manufacturing optimization, assist in work holding/fixture development, suggest program optimization, and detect needed changes in feeds/speeds by ear, eye, and feel
Advanced blueprint reading is essential to being able to perform this job, as is keeping detailed notes regarding work performed
Regularly move/lift up to 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 75lbs
Keep a clean shop and work area
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability typically required to do so.
- Education and/or Experience: High school graduate (or G.E.D. equivalent) with preference given to those with a 2 or 4-year degree.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be an expert with Mastercam and possess other basic computer skills.
- Common Sense: The ability to solve problems and figure things out on the fly, based on life experience and knowing what is needed and when to apply which skill. Many things do not need to be over analyzed – just fix it or solve it, and do it right.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professionalism - Stays focused on assigned tasks; Completes tasks and prioritizes projects based upon management guidance and professional experience; seeks management guidance when appropriate.
- Attitude - Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude in the face of periodic adversity.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability and Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or changing priorities.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
Once eligible, Employer paid premiums; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance and EAP. Other benefits include Retirement with match, generous PTO program including 6 paid holidays + 3 floating holidays, employee and industry related discounts and more.
Bend, Monday – Friday, standard day shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.