This position as a Web Developer/E-Commerce Specialist worker begins as an “Introductory Trainee” for 60 consecutive days during which time Supervisory staff will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to “Regular Employee” on the first of the month following the 60 day introductory period and Company benefits will commence.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Build and assemble custom and semi-custom firearms from finished or semi-finished components.
- Build e-commerce applications, maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries, developing custom PHP solutions, and actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized consumer Magento systems.
- Provide full service web solutions from frontend development to backend programming, and system design and architecture
- Understand and support e-commerce data organization and relationships, including store catalogs (categories, products, attributes) and custom product configurators.
- Integrate and support Magento platforms with external systems, including a CMS, CRM, ERP, payment service, etc.
- Implement best practices for responsive design and mobile friendly programming.
- Work with common third-party APIs (Google, etc.)
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document, deploy and provide ongoing support for all web applications
Key Skill Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Magento code structure and extension architecture
- Experience customizing Magento's front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Experience working with MySQL and SQL databases
- Detailed documentation skills are a must
As a member of the Marketing department, the Web Developer works closely with the Marketing Manager, Art Director, I.T. Specialist, Multimedia Designer, and the senior executives. Strong communication skills, motivation, discipline, a positive attitude, and willingness to work as a member of a team are a must.
Along with your resume, please submit any links to recent projects you have worked on and a sample of code you've written.
SPECIAL NOTE: This work environment has the potential to expose an employee to hazardous conditions. Consequently, Nosler, Inc. has implemented a drug testing policy that will help ensure that all employees will be safe operators and that the work environment is equally safe. Our policy is simple: zero tolerance for drug use. This means that a positive test for illegal drugs or alcohol while working will result in immediate termination.
The successful candidate will possess a BS in Computer Science, Information Science or related field; 3+ years experience working as a full-time Web Developer or similar position; 3+ years experience in Web/Ecommerce along with excellent organizational and project management skills; and the ability to organize time and work on multiple tasks to completion.
Experience and interest in hunting, firearms, and the outdoor industry is preferred, but not required.
Working conditions involce standing/sitting and moving, pulling, and grasping various items. Lifting duties range from one pound to thirty-five pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Additional physical duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nosler, Inc. has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat and clean appearance. As part of this commitment, we reserve the right to expect all male personnel to follow the company guidelines regarding hair length, which is not to exceed one inch below the collar. Pony tails or longer hair is not allowed. Mustaches and beards are allowed but must be kept neatly trimmed. The wearing of watches, jewelry (includes rings, bracelets, and earrings of any sort) or visible body piercings (including tongue rings, nose studs, eyebrow piercings, etc.) are not allowed in the work area by male or female personnel while on duty.