On-Line Load Data
Basic Reloading Precautions
1. Modern ammunition uses smokeless powder as the energy source. Smokeless powder is much more powerful than black powder or Pyrodex®. Never substitute smokeless powder for black powder or Pyrodex® and never mix it with either.
2. Follow loading recommendations exactly. Don't substitute components for those listed. Start loading with the minimum powder charge listed in the data.
3. Never exceed manufacturers’ reloading data. Excess pressures caused by excessive loads could severely damage a firearm and cause serious injury or death.
4. Understand what you are doing and why it must be done in a specific way.
5. Stay alert when reloading. Don't reload when distracted, disturbed or tired.
6. Set up a loading procedure and follow it. Don't vary your sequence of operations.
7. Set up your reloading bench where powder and primers will not be exposed to heat, sparks or flame.
8. DO NOT smoke while reloading.
9. ALWAYS wear safety glasses while reloading.
10. Keep everything out of the reach of small children.
11. Keep your reloading bench clean and uncluttered. Label components and reloads for easy identification.
12. Do not eat while handling lead.
13. NEVER try to dislodge a loaded cartridge that has become stuck in the chamber by impacting it with a cleaning rod. Have a competent gunsmith remove the round.