The Model 48 Long-Range Carbon Rifle
New for 2018, the Nosler® Model 48 Long Range Carbon™ includes all of the same features that made the Model 48 Long Range a success with the addition of a PROOF Research™, carbon fiber-wrapped, match-grade barrel. By combining precision machining with space-age materials technology, the PROOF barrel reduces the overall weight of the rifle while providing the utmost accuracy and durability. PROOF’s carbon fiber-wrapped barrels are not only lighter, they are stiffer, and dissipate heat better than traditional stainless barrels for enhanced accuracy, shot after shot. Precisely mated to a trued and faced Model 48 receiver and bedded in a Manners® MCS-carbon fiber stock, the PROOF barrel brings space-age technology to your next hunting rifle.
The Model 48 LR-Carbon is an excellent choice for mountain hunting, backcountry excursions, and long range competition. Born in the wide-open expanses of the west, the Model 48 Long Range Carbon™ is perfect for any situation where ranges may be long, and weight is a concern.
Model 48 Long-range Carbon Rifle Includes:
• Nosler Model 48 Custom Action
• Action and Bottom Metal Cerakoted Sniper Grey
• Timney™ Trigger with 2 Position Safety
• Manners® MCS-T Elite Tac 100% Carbon Fiber Stock in Elite Midnight Camo
• 26” PROOF, Light Sendero Contour, Carbon Fiber-Wrapped Barrel
• 5/8x24 Threaded Muzzle
• Glass and Aluminum Pillar Bedding
• Hinged Floorplate
• Guaranteed M.O.A. Accuracy with Prescribed Nosler Ammunition
ACCESSORIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS RIFLE:
Knurled Thread Protector Included with Rifle
The Long-Range Carbon Rifle is available in the following:
300 Win Mag
Detailed Model 48 Long-Range Carbon Rifle Features
Shown with optional muzzle brake (Not Included)
1. A Manners MCS-T Elite Tac 100% Carbon Fiber stock specifically made for the Nosler M48 action to provide weight savings and increase comfort. The stock has a high cheek piece for the large bell scopes helping provide the best cheek rest contact and neck relief for prone shooting, and a forend and palm swell featuring a molded texture surface for sure grip when standing for a shot. Weather resistant and pillar bedded for the best durability and precision in the field when it’s needed most.
2. Contoured to accept any standard 2-Piece scope base that would otherwise fit a Remington® Model 700™.
3. All external metal surfaces are coated with the NIC Industries Cerakote™ finish. Designed to protect against rust and wear, Cerakote™ products can withstand tremendous impact with no coating loss, and can resist corrosion in a variety of tough conditions. We have found Cerakote™ to be the best firearm finish available.
4. A textured finish ensures proper grip in cold or wet weather.
5. Fully free-floating PROOF, Sendero contour, carbon fiber-wrapped barrel.
6. A lightweight aluminum floorplate allows for quick unloading, without adding appreciable weight to the rifle.